What this service is: I do the work of editing notation and layout, extracting parts, and generally crafting your score into publishing-worthy form. You and I will have a lot of communication to make sure you're delighted by every detail.
Policies for engraving work
- What do you charge?
- $20 per hour.
Real-time conversations concerning the project apply, but initial discussion does not.
- Do you require a down payment?
- Yes: $150 (7.5 hours of work).
- When is payment due?
- Within a week of invoice. We'll negotiate when this will happen based on your project and needs.
- Some common billing arrangements are:
- At certain milestones within the project (e.g. completion of each movement, then final edits).
- At intervals of a certain dollar amount.
- Monthly (usually on the 15th of each month).
- Your balance is payable by check, cash, or by credit card (via PayPal) within a week of invoice.
There is a small fee for the PayPal option.
I use the current version of Finale. If you need the file in the format of a different notation program I won't be able to do the engraving for you (the formats convert horribly) but you may find my Proofreading/Consultation services valuable.
Once the project is completed and I've received your final payment, I will upload or email the Finale files.
If you suggest a deadline or a desired time frame for your project I will do my best to meet it, but check in with me first.
If your project is for a thesis, competition, application, or other context in which the engraving is assumed and required to be your own, I can't do the engraving work for you as that would be unethical. However, I can still be of help to you with my Proofreading/Consultation service.
You are welcome to email, call, or set up a Skype conversation with me to talk about your project.